Saturday, November 8, 2014

Thoughts on grief

The review I wrote this morning, of An Available Man can be seen at Review on Amazon. It's the story of a man who loved his wife then lost her to cancer. It hit home for a couple of reasons. The first is that I'm the age of the main character. The second is that my wife and I have lost a number of good friends recently. I can imagine what it would be like to try to go on after losing the love of your life, but I'm quite certain I'm stronger in my imagination and the pain is weaker. Yet any kind of grief hits home. I lost my father about 15 years ago, but I still think of conversations with him and there are still times when the waves of grief encompass me. The book I reviewed is about moving forward. I think it's important to move on without losing the memories, respect and love for the people who are gone. I like novels about that process and I hope to discover more.

No comments:

Post a Comment