Saturday, January 15, 2011

Motherless Soul Discussions


Last Wednesday I met with a group of people at the Forsyth Library to talk about some of the concepts I covered in Motherless Soul. I read sections of the novel. We had some lively discussions about reincarnation and about mother/daughter relationships. The library did a wonderful job of hosting and I believe everyone there had a good time.

Because the book deals with past lives my characters are influenced by relationships they had in previous incarnations as well as events in their current lives. This aspect of the book allowed me to cover my theme of mother/daughter relationships in unusual ways. It was fun to write and it is fun to talk about, especially when readers express their own thoughts freely.

There are a couple of similar events coming up. Please join me if you can.

1. I'll be at Barnhill's on January 21 from 5:30 to 7:30 PM. That's at 811 Burke St. in Winston-Salem. Barnhill's is a wonderful store. They sell wine, art and gifts as well as books. The people who work there are knowledgeable and fun to be around. There will be a wine tasting when I'm there, featuring product from local wineries. I'm looking forward to that evening. (For the talk as well as the wine.)

2. For those of you who don't live in this area I also have an appearance scheduled on blogtalk radio. (The Monica Brinkman show on Feburary 24 at 7PM CST, 8PM EST, 6 Mountain and 5PM PST.) If you've never participated in one of these discussions, you should. When you call in you get to be part of the show. I did that last week for a discussion of Musical Chairs by Jen Knox. The theme for my show will be mother/daughter relationships. I imagine the talk will start with how I handled the subject in Motherless Soul, but it will quickly change to a more general discussion. The link is http://www.blogtalkradio.com/monicabrinkman/2011/02/25/six-unsynchronized-souls-motherdaughter-relationships if you would like to learn more.

Please come to Barnhill's or call in to Monica's show. It will be fun to talk to as many people as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment