Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson

The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2)The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I am enjoying Larsson's trilogy and after reading this one I'm already looking forward to the third. This was more of a traditional thriller, which some readers might like. I preferred the "Dragon Tattoo" plot, especially the hunt for Harriet Vanger. But this also had its share of interesting twists.



There were two things that I did not like about this book:

1. Very few of the plot complications were resolved. I suppose that's to draw the readers into the next book. If so, it's working with me.

2. Some of the characters accomplish things that are almost superhuman. In the realistic context of the book I found those events to be unbelievable.



But even with those objections the book pulled me in and kept me turning the pages.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment