Saturday, September 25, 2010

God's Vacation by Michael Davis

Michael Davis is a retired special educator. His book, God's Vacation, has been accepted by All Things That Matter Press and is coming out soon. I enjoyed reading his blog - godsvacation.blogspot.com - and learned that he and I have a lot in common, especially regarding his concern for environmental causes. Here are some of his answers to the ATTMP interview questions.

Why should I read God’s Vacation?

Everyone should read God’s Vacation which will be available soon at All Things That Matter Press, because it will rock your boat and stimulate your mind and soul. Don’t forget to wear a seat belt; it’s a wild ride.


How does your book relate to your spiritual practice or other life path?


God’s Vacation is my primal scream. It’s my message in a bottle to a world hell-bent on destroying itself. Although the message is hard hitting, it is also hopeful.

A lifetime of spiritual, philosophical, political and psychological awareness is contained in this action packed novel.


Do you listen to music while you write, or do you require total and utter silence?


It depends. If I’m writing a vividly emotional spiritual scene like when Gabrielle first realizes she is God, I don’t want music to clutter up my mind. On the other hand, if I’m describing a confrontation between insurgents and the government brownshirts in God’s Vacation, I’ll turn on Jimmy Hendrix’s Machine Gun or the Rolling Stones’ Street Fighting Man.


What do you like about writing?


I love creating my own world. It’s like having God-power, but really, I’m at the mercy of my muse and he’s the one creating God’s Vacation. Every time I think I’m in control John sets me straight.


What does your muse look like?

That’s a tricky question. If I describe how John looks somebody is going to call the men with the straightjacket to come get me. On the other hand people might want to know what he looks like.

John is a short and slender old man with thick orange plastic framed glasses, who wears a baseball cap and a 49ers jacket. He’s usually in my dreamscape, but he can show up anywhere. He never says much, but I know what he means.

That’s it for John.


What projects are you working on now?

I’m working on a book titled, The Spiral Vortex. It’s about a man who has an extraordinary experience and unlocks the secret of the “tree of life.”

I also keep up a blog called God’s Vacation and write poetry whenever the muse moves me.

Mr. Davis can be reached by e-mail at bonanzaking@gmail.com, or you can check out his blog: http://godsvacation.blogspot.com

1 comment: