Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Snowed in with you by Evie Del Rey


Snowed In With You: A Fumbled Hearts Romance is about a star in the NFL and a woman he had dated in high school getting caught together in a rural cabin in a blizzard. This novel turns a slow-burn romance inside out. Since these two lovers were together seven years earlier, the passion started quickly. The small moments, the ones that lead to love, were visited later, as they were reminiscing. It’s an unusual way to give readers a complete relationship, but it worked.

Another unusual aspect to Snowed In With You is that each chapter begins with the name of the character from whose point of view the next part is written, then a title of a song sometimes referred to in the next section, and a vibe, telling the reader what mood to expect. It’s important to know the POV, but I didn’t think the song and vibe added anything.

There’s also a third item I should mention. The author throws in many Spanish words and sentences. There’s a section at the back of the book that translates these, but I would suggest readers who don’t know Spanish read this book with a Kindle and use the translate feature.

Overall, it’s a fun read. I especially liked the scenes where a few women were joking with each other as they worked together. Evie Del Rey handles dialogue very well.


No comments:

Post a Comment